Accessing Mental Health Services
- Telephone our clinic and make an appointment with one of our team members including Psychiatrist, Psychologists and Registered Counsellors.
Phone on (07) 4638 8464 or email: [email protected]
- You may choose to be an independent, full fee paying client. Alternatively, you may choose to access funding support via:
- your private health insurance cover. We have HICAPS facilities on site.
- visit your GP and discuss your eligibility to access Medicare rebates for mental health services (e.g., via Better Access, Chronic Disease Management, etc).
- other government and non-government funding bodies e.g., WorkCover; DVA; NDIS-supported services; Victims Assist Queensland.
We continue to offer a range of in-clinic services for people at low-risk of exposure to COVID19. Our standard fees apply for in-clinic services and will vary according to the specialisations and experience of our psychologists and counsellors.
Standard rates per clinical hour of service are typically:
$350 – First Consult with our Psychiatrist
$180 – $220 for our Clinical Psychologists
$150 – $180 for our Registered Psychologists
$85/hr for Counselling & Provisional Psychology services
A 20% discount may be applied for eligible health care concession card holders.
Please discuss this with your clinician.
Our therapists are registered with Medicare Australia and Private Health Funds for healthcare rebates*, subject to eligibility and appropriate GP or specialist referral.
Referrals may be faxed to Mylne Street Mental Health on 07 3547 8484 or emailed to [email protected]com.au
Due to the current COVID-19 crisis, GPs are now able to complete a Mental Health Care Plan referral with you over the phone- all you need to do is call your local GP clinic, and request a telehealth appointment. Medicare rebates will apply for eligible clients.
For your convenience:
Private and Government Rebates*
Medicare rebates may apply for clients with current medical referrals. The rebate amounts vary depending on individual circumstances, e.g., for patients with a current Mental Health Care Plan who see a Clinical Psychologist, the rebate is approximately $126. For those patients seeing a Registered Psychologist, the rebate is approximately $86. If the family medical safety net has been reached within the calendar year, a higher rebate may be payable.
Private health funds may also rebate on our services. Rebates vary depending on your fund and level of cover. Contact your health fund for the latest rebate information.