Appointments open now (Doctor referral needed).
Please call 4638 8464 or email email@example.com
Dr Ali came to Australia as a junior doctor and completed all his Specialist Psychiatrist training in Brisbane. He enjoyed working in different teams across various hospitals and is honoured to have worked with the smartest health practitioners and educators in Queensland. Dr Ali completed his FRANZCP in 2015 and Certificate in Old Age Psychiatry in 2016 and has now been working in the public health system for over 10 years. Dr Ali enjoys his academic affiliation with the University of Queensland, currently as a Senior Lecturer, teaching medical students for more than 6 years.
A few years ago, Dr Ali moved from the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital in Brisbane to Toowoomba to work as a Consultant Psychiatrist and to settle his family into a life in regional Queensland. For the past few years, Dr Ali has been specialising in both General Adult and Old Age psychiatry. He believes in holistic approaches to life challenges and believes in the benefits of both medications and psychological treatments.
Dr Ali is very keen to work with:
– medical and allied health specialists to provide comprehensive and patient-specific care;
– adults of all ages and will usually provide feedback letters after all major consults;
– a range of conditions including Depression, Anxiety, PTSD, Psychosis and other mental
health challenges and life stressors which affect the quality of daily living;
– residents in regional and rural areas around Toowoomba and is experienced in conducting consultations via telehealth; and
– people living with dementia, and their carers, along the journey from diagnosis to recovery.
Dr Ali has ongoing academic interests in topics of leadership and human growth. He is conducting multiple research projects on mental-health-service-design to better cater for the needs of our vastly distributed, rural Queensland population. Beyond his academic and clinical tasks, Dr Ali truly enjoys spending time with his family. He loves to watch hockey, cricket and football. During State of Origin, he is a happy, middle-aged man with a bushy beard and a maroon T shirt yelling “Go Queensland!”
Dr Ali looks forward to working with you from Mylne Street Mental Health.
MBBS, FRANZCP, Cert Old Age Psychiatry
AHPRA Registration # MED0000983004
Provider # 411274VA